LIFE Prep is a PreK-6 public charter school in the Payne-Phalen neighborhood on the east side of Saint Paul. At LIFE Prep, we consider ourselves a family -- one in which ALLstudents are important to us. Our name says it all... LIFE Prep stands for Learning In a Family Environment. Our core values of "LOVE, LEARN, ACHIEVE, SUCCEED" guide us to provide the loving and encouraging atmosphere our students need to thrive in their learning. We challenge each student to grow as learners and expect the best from them. We believe all of our students should be socially, emotionally, and academically prepared for a future in college and that this starts in elementary school.
To learn more about LIFE Prep, please visit us at www.lifeprepschool.org.
Job DescriptionLIFE Prep seeks to hire a full time SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER for the 2018-2019 school year.
· Valid Minnesota school social work license and MN Board of social work license
· Enthusiasm for working with all students
· Growth mindset
· Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and students
· Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, and patience
· Team-player with the ability and willingness to collaborate with colleagues
· Demonstrated excellence in organizational and communication skills
· Understanding and belief in LIFE Prep’s unique mission, vision, values, and approach to education
· Experience in an urban elementary school
· Experience collaborating with students, families, and the diverse communities our school serves
· Track record of success serving youth with significant developmental risk factors
Essential Job Functions:
· Cultivating strong, positive, caring relationships with students and colleagues
. Provide services for special education students
· Collaborating with teachers and staff in professional learning communities, other professional development activities and on specific teams
· Communicating with teachers, staff, and families about student progress
· Inform and educate parents and students about school attendance laws
· Complete truancy reporting
· Educate individual students and/or classrooms on current issues (bullying, domestic violence/dating violence, homelessness, etc.)
· Interact with students to assess the areas in which the may need counseling or assistance
To Apply: Please send the following application materials. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
1. Letter of interest
2. Current résumé
3. Copy of license
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation
Submit materials to Myla Johnson via email at
via mail to
LIFE Prep, 930 Geranium Ave. E